Review Agenda Item
Meeting Date: 5/31/2018 - 6:30 PM
Category: Report of the Committee on Accountability, Finance, and Personnel
Type: Action
Subject: 3. Action on a Request to Seek Position Authority for a Supervisor I, GE Foundation Grant Programs
Strategic Plan Compatibility Statement:
Goal 1
Academic Achievement
Policy: Admin Policy 6.19 - Positions: Staff
Attachments Supervisor I, GE Foundation Grant Programs
File Attachment:
Supervisor I GE Foundation Grant.pdf
Background: The Administration is seeking position authority for one supervisor position for the administration of the GE Foundation grant awarded to Milwaukee Public Schools in 2011. This position will work to develop the GE Foundation goals related to STEM and College and Career Readiness, and to implement the specific strategies identified in the GE Foundation grant.

The position will report to the Office of Academics and upon approval of position authority, will serve as the supervisor of the GE teacher leaders and the contact person for the focus schools of the GE Foundation grant work in Milwaukee Public Schools. Based on the skills required and similar positions within MPS, the recommended position is a Supervisor I. The position is a level 9A with a corresponding salary range of $67,289 - $97,502.
Fiscal Impact Statement: Funding to support the position are included in the GE Foundation Grant’s approved budget beginning July 1, 2018.
Implementation and Assessment Plan Upon approval by the Board, the Administration will proceed with the hiring process for this position.
Recommendation: Your Committee recommends that the Board approve the request for position authority for the Supervisor I position with the GE Foundation Grant.
Approvals:
Recommended By:
Signed By:
Jacqueline M. Mann, Ph.D. - Board Clerk/Chief Officer